LINKS A LA MODE LI
What a great way to start a month! Our interview with street-style photographer Antoine de Almeida was picked by the IFB team for this week’s Links a la Mode.
Links a la Mode: June 30
Although I’m heading into a long holiday weekend, it appears that many of our bloggers this week are focusing on how to take summer style into the workplace appropriately. Street style is all well and good, but doesn’t always work for an office. Sidenote (and if you read last week you’ll know that I’m a little Nordstrom-obsessed) but I went shopping this week and thought thank god I don’t work in an office because everything in this store looks like I should just be stylishly brunching and then heading off to a music festival. And I get it, the boho, festival chic trend is hot right now, along with off-the shoulder tops but it was overwhelming how much those styles dominated an entire department store!
But I digress.
Aside from the off-shoulder fashion, and some help for the office-bound chickas, one of you went to a mermaid parade! Mermaids! And it looked fabulous. We just had a naked bike ride (NSFW!) go through our city and it actually does generate some creative if not essential fashion, but nothing like a mermaid parade! Which just made me think of this post I saw recently (aka Ariel didn’t know how good she had it).
And without further ado – I bring you this week’s Links a la Mode.
June 30, 2016
- Aesthetic Distance: Thelma & Louise: The Ultimate Girl Power Road Trip Movie
- A Glamorous Revelation: A Fashionista’s Reading List
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Fashion Folio (Summer Nights)
- Cubicle Chic: Business Travel – The Good, the bad and the ugly
- Dresscode: High Fashion: Top 10 Summer Flats
- Elements of Ellis: Striped Maternity Dress
- Everest Says: The Off Shoulder from Work to Weekend
- I’m so Versaille: Get Some Work Done: LVL Lash Treatment
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet: Confessions of a Small Time Blogger
- Les Assorties: Antoine De Almeida: A Fresh Look at Street Style
- Ms. Fabulous: Coney Island Mermaid Parade
- Myself Expressed: Inspiration Board: Spring RTW 2016: Trussardi
- Petite Silver Vixen: How to Style Culottes 3 Ways
- Tales of Two: Going Baroque in Winter
- The Tastemaker: Be like Beyonce and wear a bodysuit
- This Season’s Gold: City View in Stripes and Pockets
- Tokes’ Take on Style: 3 Ways to Style 1 Print Skirt
- Treats and Trends: 5 Most Helpful Photography Tips for Bloggers
- Trendee Toad: 3 Stylish Office Looks for this Summer
- Vanity and Me: Shoetique: Going for Gold